Thursday, August 26, 2010
book gushing and blame
I'll start with the gushing. :) I read Foiled by Jane Yolen last night. I know a few different people who have read this, with somewhat mixed results. But I'm happy to report that I fall squarely in the "I adored this book!" camp. I stayed up past my bedtime finishing it. And then I immediately had to get on the computer to try to find out when the second book was coming out. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the answer. All I know is that I want it NOW!!! And then I had to email Chris to gush because I knew he'd understand. Heck, I was tempted to wake Gray up to talk to him about it, too, but I managed to stop myself. ;)
So what did I love so much about this book?
1. Aliera. Socially awkward, tremendously talented, incredibly authentic.
2. The art. Wow, Mr. Cavallaro...you are an amazing artist!
3. The black/white vs. color concept.
4. The ways it reminded me so much of Gray...fencing, social anxiety, role-playing...yeah, it's no wonder he loved this book, too.
5. The ending! Oh, oh, oh...what can I say...I utterly adored the turn this story took! It's not that it was totally unexpected--after all, it is Jane Yolen writing, right? And she gave subtle hints throughout the book. But still, it delighted me to no end. :D
Yep, another one for the win column.
I don't actually want to combine my rambling about books with a blame post. But with so many books sitting here on the computer table waiting to be put away, I figured I'd go ahead and deal with a few more.
Ana's review! The only thing that makes no sense is why it took me so long to buy it! :) POINT FOR ANA.
Ana read and reviewed it, and I found my patience had simply run out. ;) I simply had to buy it! POINTS FOR DEWEY AND ANA.
your incredible review. If I had read the first one and then had to buy the second, I wouldn't shoulder you with the blame. But since I haven't actually read it yet (sorry Kelly!), the fact is that I trust you so much that I knew I had to buy this one, too. See it is your fault! POINT FOR ANA.
Okay, that makes a tiny dent in this embarrassing pile anyway. But there's plenty more blame to come. :)
Well, that makes a teeny dent in this embarrassing pile...but there's plenty more blame to come...